Indoor Air Quality Services:
- Air quality testing
- Air Duct Cleaning
- UV light installation
- EAC (electronic air cleaner) whole house filtration
Seven Tips to Better Indoor Air Quality:
- A largely shared good habit is simply open your windows a few minutes every day to let in fresh air. This is good start as it lowers concentrations of toxic chemicals as well as carbon dioxide (CO2). Indoor air is typically several times poorer in quality than outdoor air.
- Tell smokers to light up outside. Did you know that smoke you exhale after taking a drag on a cigarette contains more than 4,000 different chemicals? In fact there is no risk free level of exposure to secondhand smoke. Of course the best option is always to stop smoking.
- More frequent dusting. Everything turns to dust one day. Sometimes this degradation is pretty obvious. No need to become fussy, but tidying and cleaning the place where you live is an effective action to improve air quality.
- Keep humidity between 30-50%. This will limit the growth of mold and the presence of dust mites that pollute the air. Some molds produce allergens and mycotoxins. A 2004 study by the Institute of Medicine found a link between exposure to mold indoors, with upper respiratory tract symptoms in healthy people. Track humidity levels (with a Smart Baby monitor for example). Use a dehumidifier to effectively control moisture and allergens.
- Stay away from synthetic fragrances. Synthetic fragrances are all around us. Did you know that many gases evaporating from these products are actually harmful Volatile Organic Compounds? You would think these chemicals are listed on the label, when in fact they rarely are. Arrange slices of lemon on a plate to delicately perfume the air in a room. Use baking soda in a small bowl to eliminate odors. Choose fragrance free products for laundry and cleaning needs. Stop using aerosol products that create a mist of liquid particles.
- Place an air filtering plant in your home. Note that plants pollutant removal rate is small, which means there is no way they could capture all of the pollution. Get a Peace Lilly, English Ivy or a variegated snake plant, which share the same pollutant-blocking skills. Be careful not to ingest either the English Ivy’s or the Peace Lily’s leaves or berries, as they are toxic.
- Get a whole house Electronic Air Cleaner. We recommend the Trane “Clean Effects” EAC which uses a revolutionary technology that provides your home with cleaner, healthier air. It removes up to 99.98% of airborne particles as small as .1 micron in diameter.
Trane “Clean Effects” Whole House Electronic Air Cleaner:
- Sets the standard of in air quality using revolutionary technology. It removes up to 99.98% of airborne particles s small as .1 micron in diameter.
- Highest efficiency. Standard air cleaners have filters that are very dense, so they stop the dust by trapping it in a slightly porous filter. The fewer the pores, the more dust it can trap. However, this not only stops the dust and dirt, but it also stops the air from moving as well. So, you may not be as comfortable, and less air is cleaned efficiently. This is called pressure drop. The revolutionary Trane “Clean Effects” Air Cleaner has the lowest pressure drop with the highest efficiency possible.
- Small particles, large effects. Particles like dust, smoke and bacteria are often .3 microns or less. At that size, allergens can get deep into your lungs because they aren’t filtered by your nose and throat. The Trane “Clean Effects” air cleaner, can reduce the presence of potential asthma and allergy attack triggers in your home, like dust, pollen, pet hair and dander, dust mites, mildew, lint, fungus, most tobacco smoke, cooking grease and even bacteria.
- Patented Innovation. The Trane “Clean Effects” air cleaner utilizes patented, breakthrough air cleaning technology to remove up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter. It catches particles as small as .1 micron, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filters and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1-inch filter.
- Verified by Harvard experts. The Trane “Clean Effects” air cleaner has been performance-tested by LMS Technologies and Environmental Health & Engineering Inc., with the results verified by professors from the Harvard School of Public Health, so you know you are getting an air cleaner for your home like no other.
If you have questions are wish to schedule an appointment, so we can assess your current IAQ situation. We can perform a fast, easy air quality test that measures the level of particulate concentration in your air.
Professional, courteous and expert service that takes care of the problem without the worry – that’s what we are all about!
Quality doesn’t have to cost more….
At Bragg Plumbing & Heating we’ve provided expert HVAC services including Indoor Air Quality since 1968. We are Diamond Certified, with all the trust and value that means.