Your home is your largest investment. It is your place of comfort, security, family and memories. And a place that should function safely while providing all of this. When your home is too hot, too cold or doesn’t have hot water, your home is no longer your place of comfort. Furnace, air conditioner or water heater failures can almost always be traced to a lack of maintenance and in many cases to just plain dirt! Scheduled maintenance on these systems is the simplest and easiest way to keep them running at peak performance, increasing equipment life, lower energy costs, and keep tour family comfortable. That’s why we created the Comfort Club Service Plan.
As a Comfort Club member here is what you get:
2) Seasonal Maintenance – You get two visits each year, typically every six months on your furnace and/or A/C system. We can also add service to your tankless water heater if you have one. Plus, we will remind you when it’s time for service, so you have one less thing to worry about.
3) Duct Inspection – We’ll check for leaking air ducts that can create hot and cold pots in your home.
4) Water Heater Inspection – We’ll check for gas leaks and make sure your water heater is working as it should.
5) Reduced Pricing – Comfort Club pricing is 50% off of our regular maintenance price per visit.
Lower Utilities – Properly maintained heating & cooling equipment keeps more energy dollars in your pocket.
6) Priority Service – You get to cut-in-line ahead of our non members when scheduling repair calls.
Peace of Mind – Your system is safety checked, helping you in saving money and that it is working correctly. If not, you know who to call!
7) Satisfaction Guarantee – This agreement can be canceled at any time for any reason or for no reason at all.
Why is Maintenance on My Home’s Comfort System Important?
Very simply, properly maintained equipment runs better, lasts longer and is more energy efficient than non-maintained equipment. You wouldn’t think of not changing the oil in your automobile for 100,000 miles, yet many homeowners haven’t changed the filter in their furnace in years. It is safe to say that over 90% of the service calls we go on could have been prevented had the equipment been routinely maintained and cleaned.
It is no surprise that systems failures often happen at the most inconvenient times, and emergency service is more costly. Keeping your equipment well maintained is the best way to extend equipment life, minimize failures and expensive emergency calls and maximize energy efficiency. Without routine maintenance, you could face higher utility costs and more frequent repairs during the worst peak time. Our Comfort Club Service Plan reduces those expenses while adding property value and peace of mind.